Vision: A university community where all can work, learn, and fully participate as their true selves in an environment free from harassment, uncivil actions, and disrespect.
Mission: The College of Health and Human Services is committed to fostering a workplace that values respect, diversity, access, and inclusion, and that can serve as a model for the University.
Principles: As members of the College of Health and Human Services community:
- We believe that a diverse faculty, staff, and student body are critical to advancing teaching, scholarship, and community engagement at UNC Charlotte.
- We are committed to educating our faculty, staff, and students to interact effectively and respectfully in the global community.
- We recognize and encourage the voices that are seldom heard and will engage in courageous conversations to build a genuinely inclusive community.
- We prepare our faculty, staff, and students to end prejudice, discrimination, and oppression.
Goals: As members of the College of Health and Human Services we:
- Promote a broad understanding of diversity, access, inclusion, and anti-oppressive practices.
- Provide a climate that is welcoming and conducive to the success of all students, faculty, and staff through active outreach to the college community and the broader community.
- Increase the recruitment and retention of underrepresented faculty, students and staff and work to advance their progression and success.
- Structure the curricula to include multiple perspectives and employ teaching strategies that prepare students for success in a diverse and global workplace.
- Ensure that these goals are met through regular assessment, accountability, and recognition of college systems, structures, practices, and policies that promote equity and inclusion for all members of the College community.
- Develop effective external relationships with local, state, and regional entities, with particular emphasis on minority and underrepresented communities, to enhance inclusive environments and diversity both on and off campus.