The College of Health and Human Services’ primary strength is its deep commitment to, and expertise in improving the health of communities.
The College achieves excellence through informed and effective teaching in its degree programs, community partnerships, professional activities and scholarship to create knowledge, advance science and inform ethical and culturally responsive practice in the health and human service professions. We aspire to grow our national and global relevance, and to remain responsive to the changing health care and human service needs of our urban region and the state.
The College of Health and Human Services will provide the highest quality educational experiences, engage in relevant research from bench to bedside, and act as a primary partner in addressing community health and human service needs based on a platform that reflects six underlying principles:
- Focus on student, faculty and staff success
- Focus on diversity, inclusion and vulnerable populations
- Promote innovation and entrepreneurship
- Promote interdisciplinary approaches and partnerships
- Promote internationalization and a global perspective
- Steward resources effectively and creatively