In partnership with the University, the mission of the CHHS Advising Center is to engage students as active partners in their academic and professional career by providing assistance, guidance, support, and encouragement so that they achieve their personal, academic, and career goals. As a center, we value professionalism, service to others, appreciation of diversity, and healthy behaviors.
In support of this mission we:
- Engage each student to a successful transition from high school to UNC Charlotte or from another university/college to UNC Charlotte.
- Empower our students toward successful navigation of the university system.
- Assist students in making effective decisions regarding their career goals, related major(s) and appropriate courses.
- Actively listen, respect and support student decisions.
- Direct students to campus resources.
- Advise students toward a 4-year graduation.
- Demonstrate and encourage professional behaviors.
We hope you are enjoying your experience at UNC Charlotte and in the College of Health and Human Services and look forward to seeing you in our office.