As part of the affiliation agreements between different agencies and the College of Health and Human Services, students are required to provide specific compliance records to our office before they can start their clinical/practicum/internship. All of these may not be required by your agency. For specific requirements, please contact your program's clinical/internship coordinator.
Clinical agencies require students to comply with their health and training requirements . We have listed many resources here for your convenience.
All documents must be sent in one email/fax. Partial submission of documents will NOT be accepted.
**Always make a copy for your records before turning these documents in to the CHHS Advising Center**
- CHHS Agency Requirements Form (Fillable PDF)
- Immunization requirements for your program may include: Tetanus, MMR, Hepatitis B, Varicella, 2 Step TB Test, and Flu Shot
- Hepatitis B Vaccine Declination Form. If you choose to decline this immunization requirement, please sign the form and send it in with your other compliance records.
- 12 Panel Drug Screening Information
- Criminal Background Check Information
- If you are an international student who has lived in the US for less than 6 years, you will need to pay an additional fee to obtain a Police Clearance Certificate. Please contact your consulate to get instructions on the process and fees. Note, this process should be initiated at least 3 months prior to your practicum/internship.
- CBC and Drug Screening Agreement Form
- Bloodborne Pathogen Tutorial and Test
- CPR Certification
- Professional Liability Insurance. For students who have a clinical placement, students MUST carry professional liability insurance. The companies below offer Liability Insurance to students.
- RN License Verification (Graduate Nursing Students Only)
For additional questions, please contact Ashley Lopez at (704) 687-7922.
Students completing their practicum/clinical with Novant will need to complete additional requirements.
- Students will need to complete the Student Consent for Access to Education Records form which will need to be turned into the Registrar's Office (contact information on form) and Ashley Lopez (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Students will need to visit Novant's website for additional information regarding practicums/clinicals at Novant.